Brides & Bridesmaids, Grooms and Groomsmen, shoes are important! No matter how long the wedding ceremony or reception, the wedding party is on their feet. But here is the big money question: what kind of shoes should you choose that work for both the wedding and the reception? Two answers come to mind:
- Bring a change of shoes for the reception. If you wear shoes that make it hard to dance the way you want to at the reception, bring some matching flats or whatever makes you comfortable. There’s no rule about changing shoes in the car!
- Dress for the dance. Try to pick shoes that function as the absolute best addition ever to your outfit and make the best addition to your dance moves too.
Pro tip: If you’re a bride or groom, pick the music you love, and cater your playlist to your dancing style. Our team will never say no to suggestions and extra direction planning your party! Check them out here and check out our services on our website.
Here’s a general idea of what kind of shoes to wear based on your dancing style:
- Guys, as long as your shoes are comfortable, you’re fine!
- Crazy athletic dancing? Probably wear flats or sneakers.
- Slow dancing? Your tallest heels are fine girl, just be careful when you do the Cha Cha slide
- Some sort of specific dance? (like swing, waltz, salsa etc) Shorter heels or flats are good. Don’t want to step on your partner’s toes!
- Most importantly: Make sure your shoes fit!